POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Wave? : Re: Google Wave? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google Wave?
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 19 Nov 2009 12:22:07
Message: <4b057ebf@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:

>     That's merely an implementation issue. Their goal is for it even to
> work on console systems (of course, many features just wouldn't work then).

I talked with Bliz about wave in IRC yesterday. I think we came to the
conclusion that if Google releases the protocol as a free one, it might
be pretty good system. Otherwise, if it stays leaning to only Google,
it's not a system I want to use.

>     I haven't used it. Hence my saying that _if_ they can deliver what
> they promised...

I've tried, but I haven't been able to actually use it yet :).

>     I'm not sure there's a major difference. Put the Wave info on a web
> site (e.g. the POV-Ray web site). Anyone who wants to join simply joins
> it (like a mailing list). The info is all archived on the server. I
> don't know if it can handle moderation, though.

From the moment I tried using it, I actually did have to choose the
recipients. I didn't find a way eg. search for a wave and join in, OTOH
it might be that it doesn't relieve such options for me, after all it
didn't work when I tried it :-).

-Aero