POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid drivers Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Stupid drivers (Message 36 to 45 of 45)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Stupid drivers
Date: 26 Jun 2009 23:36:48
Message: <4a4593d0@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> accident, they can increase the fine and the severity of the offense
> you're charged with.

That, and convincing people who don't think they're more dangerous because
they're doing it that they really are. Same as drunk driving laws - trying
to get people to plan for having a designated driver, rather than just
saying "Oh, I drive just as well after a couple beers."

> Yeah, that's my issue as well.  If they legislate "texting is illegal
> while driving", then they have to do "eating a cheeseburger is illegal",

Nah. I think the difference is that way more people talk on the phone than
eat while driving, and when you outlaw talking on the phone they start texting.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western

Post a reply to this message

> > Yeah, that's my issue as well.  If they legislate "texting is illegal
> > while driving", then they have to do "eating a cheeseburger is illegal",
>
> Nah. I think the difference is that way more people talk on the phone than
> eat while driving, and when you outlaw talking on the phone they start texting.

But then couldn't someone say, "You have a law against texting, so I knew that
was bad, but there's no law against doing my tie so I didn't know it was
dangerous?"

....Chambers

Post a reply to this message

> But then couldn't someone say, "You have a law against texting, so I knew that
> was bad, but there's no law against doing my tie so I didn't know it was
> dangerous?"

You can't legislate away stupidity. :-)