POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid drivers : Re: Stupid drivers Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid drivers
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Jun 2009 23:36:48
Message: <4a4593d0@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> accident, they can increase the fine and the severity of the offense
> you're charged with.

That, and convincing people who don't think they're more dangerous because
they're doing it that they really are. Same as drunk driving laws - trying
to get people to plan for having a designated driver, rather than just
saying "Oh, I drive just as well after a couple beers."

> Yeah, that's my issue as well.  If they legislate "texting is illegal
> while driving", then they have to do "eating a cheeseburger is illegal",

Nah. I think the difference is that way more people talk on the phone than
eat while driving, and when you outlaw talking on the phone they start texting.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western