POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mythical stomach Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Mythical stomach (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: clipka
Subject: Mythical stomach
Date: 26 Jan 2009 15:05:01
Message: <web.497e1742c6eae46a979aedfb0@news.povray.org>
Hmmm... this is strange...

I've been searching the internet for an explanation of why warm fresh bread
causes stomach ache, only to find out that it doesn't, and that it's all a
myth...

.... well, I wish someone would tell that to *my* stomach...

My typical standard helping of bread is three slices, sometimes four when I'm
particularly hungry. No problem there. But when the bread is fresh and warm
(and most particularly yummy), everything beyond two slices *does* give me some
deal of stomach ache, no matter how starved I am.

Post a reply to this message

> My typical standard helping of bread is three slices, sometimes four when
> I'm
> particularly hungry. No problem there. But when the bread is fresh and
> warm
> (and most particularly yummy), everything beyond two slices *does* give me
> some
> deal of stomach ache, no matter how starved I am.

Some people are intolerant to wheat, and maybe with fresh bread the effect
is worsened somehow?

Post a reply to this message

> I've been searching the internet for an explanation of why warm fresh bread
> causes stomach ache, only to find out that it doesn't, and that it's all a
> myth...
>
> .... well, I wish someone would tell that to *my* stomach...

The power of suggestion? ;)

Here in Brazil there is a myth that eating a mango and drinking milk is
a poisonous combination.  Certainly weird, but poisonous? :P

Post a reply to this message