POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... (Message 8 to 17 of 17)
From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: OMG! My Internet connection is so slow...
Date: 14 Dec 2008 17:05:00
Message: <web.494582e046c6d88478dcad930@news.povray.org>

> Can you switch providers?

Yes; we're thinking of doing that. Switching to the (only other!) ISP/DSL
available here, Verizon. (A U.S. east coast provider.) But I wonder if we're
just switching one set of problems for another.

> More likely it's your ISP's link to the rest of the world.

Is that a common pitfall of all ISPs? The technicalities of it all are *way*
over my head.  I'm wondering if there is an independent web page somewhere that
rates ISPs on their perfomance/bandwidth stuff, MTBF, etc.

Ken W.

Post a reply to this message