POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... : Re: OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OMG! My Internet connection is so slow...
From: Chambers
Date: 14 Dec 2008 21:37:49
Message: <1E555D9CC18C42F587F4867263A41C7C@HomePC>

It doesn't matter if they install fiberoptic to every house in the
neighborhood; all of that data still has to go through a central hub.
If, as Darren says, their link to the outside world is already
saturated, that's what's going to limit you.

In my case, I'm paying for a 5 Mbit line (~600KB).  Most of the time, I
can get between 50-75% of that, and only occasionally higher sustained.

...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com