POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... : Re: OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OMG! My Internet connection is so slow...
From: scott
Date: 17 Dec 2008 03:34:42
Message: <4948b9a2@news.povray.org>
>> Cool site, thanks!  Confirmed out 2mbit up/down here at work, just need
>> to try it at home now!
>
> 6941 down, 967 up, to a server in my city.
>
> 9225 down and 932 up to a server 100 miles away via
> dslreports.com/speedtests.
>
> If your link is fast, I'd suggest using dslreports.com, as they have
> various different speed tests that will work better on fast links.

I tried it at home and had to try a couple of options nearby to get the full
speed.  Something like 6100 down and 500 up.  I have the 16mbit package from
my ISP but not sure if it's my modem or the line that is limiting the
connection to 6mbit (the modem itself says it's connected at 6xxx kbit so I
guess it's the line).