POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:40 EDT (-0400)
  New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) (Message 86 to 95 of 175)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
Date: 21 Feb 2008 06:53:46
Message: <2cpqr3hqrdue3o7feav88ehdslos7vj7j8@4ax.com>
On 20 Feb 2008 15:09:52 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>I've seen photos that don't look photorealistic to me.  It most certainly
>is a matter of opinion.

As an aside is a black and white photograph, photorealistic, or a sepia one? Are
the Pre-Raphaelites or chocolate box paintings?

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Severi Salminen
Date: 21 Feb 2008 06:55:00
Message: <web.47bd655bb014483dd54d5bf70@news.povray.org>
>   I wonder if an automatic measurement and then a threshold couldn't be
> developed. For example, if a given pixel hasn't changed color for the
> last n rays which have affected that pixel, then that pixel is done.

I simply calculate the standard deviation of the pixel values. A decent metric
is to see how the change in variance goes down as image converges.

Maybe this should be done locally where there are area of same color.

Anyway, it can be done.

Post a reply to this message