POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) : Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 21 Feb 2008 07:30:01
Message: <web.47bd6d93b014483d5054540d0@news.povray.org>
> > Just check out the images group. Fidos already implemented simple but fully
> > working brute force to Pov.
>
> Really? That's interesting. So what's the catch? ;-)

I don't know of any catch. The source is still not available, though. The images
look good to me.

> > So no, There is no need to rewrite the whole
> > program. Brute force might make it actually a lot simpler.
>
> Yes, I see how two algorithms instead of one would be a lot simpler...
> Oh, wait...

Of course I meant that bruteforce might be simpler alone than present mix of
many different special cases which need to be taken care of. Of course having 2
methods is more complex than having just one...