POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Northern Illinois University Student Attack (Message 11 to 20 of 297)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
Date: 14 Feb 2008 22:27:19
Message: <47b50697$1@news.povray.org>
Woohoo!  I went to school there!

*ahem*

What I find interesting is how different articles about this kind of
thing word things in the headline:  was it a shooting, an incident, a
massacre?  Were the people shot, killed, murdered, or are they merely
dead at such-and-such location?  If the killer committed suicide, are
they listed in the death count, or separately?  Does the headline count
injured?  Is the event fact, or alleged?

...on another note, placing blame for an event on others who are totally
unrelated to that event and have no power over it is pretty silly.  It
is not John Doe in Juneau, Alaska's fault for not sending an ineffective
letter to his representative if a kid in Nevada dies from choking on a
can of Alaska crab, even if John Doe happens to be a secretary for
middle-management at the company that prints the labels for the cans.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.digitalartsuk.com

Post a reply to this message