POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: scott
Date: 15 Feb 2008 04:08:35
Message: <47b55693$1@news.povray.org>
> You know, to outsiders it seems like this kind of thing has become routine
> in
> America.

From the BBC article:

"Last Friday, a woman shot dead two fellow students before killing herself
at Louisiana Technical College in Baton Rouge. In Memphis, Tennessee, a
17-year-old is accused of shooting and critically wounding a student on
Monday, and a 15-year-old was shot at a junior high school in California on
Tuesday."

The whole culture in the US seems different regarding guns.  The only guns
I've ever seen in my life are the ones the police carry.  I don't know
anyone who has a gun, I don't know anyone who could get me a gun if I wanted
one.  I'm sure most people round here are the same.  Unless you are in some
large criminal gang, I just don't think you can get hold of a gun.

These seem like previously "normal" people before they do these shootings,
where do they get the guns from?