POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant (Message 22 to 31 of 31)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant
Date: 1 May 2008 09:46:33
Message: <4819c9b9@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> I meant using 'their' electricity to sound the ringer in the knowledge
> that you won't be charged for the call.

  The electricity used by a phone doesn't come from the electricity
company. It comes from the phone company (through the phone line).
It's a completely separate system. The owner of the phone line doesn't
pay for that electricity (well, at least not directly).

  At most you could stretch and say that the caller was wasting the
electricity of the phone company.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On 1 May 2008 09:46:33 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Phil Cook <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>> I meant using 'their' electricity to sound the ringer in the knowledge
>> that you won't be charged for the call.

Yes I see and you are right.

>  The electricity used by a phone doesn't come from the electricity
>company. It comes from the phone company (through the phone line).
>It's a completely separate system. The owner of the phone line doesn't
>pay for that electricity (well, at least not directly).

This is true as most people know but where does the phone company get
its 50 volt dc come from. I suspect it is from an electricity company.
:)
>  At most you could stretch and say that the caller was wasting the
>electricity of the phone company.

Yes and at that time the phone company (GPO) was a state run company.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> >  At most you could stretch and say that the caller was wasting the
> >electricity of the phone company.

> Yes and at that time the phone company (GPO) was a state run company.

  But if law is the same for everyone, as it should be, then the state
should sue everyone who "wastes" the electricity of the phone company
in a similar manner.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message