POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant : Re: Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant
From: scott
Date: 3 May 2008 04:09:09
Message: <481c1da5@news.povray.org>
>  The electricity used by a phone doesn't come from the electricity
> company. It comes from the phone company (through the phone line).

If you have a old style phone - sure, but new cordless phones that I see
most people having today don't work this way.  They simply measure the
voltage on the phone line and use their own power (from the normal house
supply) to generate ringtones, the power for the speaker etc.  They are not
like old phones where the phone itself draws a significant amount of power
from the phone line to ring a bell or sound a buzzer.