POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant : Re: Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:12:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant
From: Warp
Date: 1 May 2008 09:46:33
Message: <4819c9b9@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> I meant using 'their' electricity to sound the ringer in the knowledge
> that you won't be charged for the call.

  The electricity used by a phone doesn't come from the electricity
company. It comes from the phone company (through the phone line).
It's a completely separate system. The owner of the phone line doesn't
pay for that electricity (well, at least not directly).

  At most you could stretch and say that the caller was wasting the
electricity of the phone company.

--
                                                          - Warp