POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How much do games crash on your PC? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  How much do games crash on your PC? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Warp
Subject: How much do games crash on your PC?
Date: 13 Jan 2009 10:41:45
Message: <496cb639@news.povray.org>
For the last 4 years approximately 90% of games crash sooner or later in
my WinXP system. A game never crashing for the entire time I play it is a
very rare exception. The rule is that most games crash, period.

  Only games crash. No other software crashes basically ever. Many games
seem to crash in the same way, usually when saving (for this reason I usually
try to use two saves and save alternatively to each one so that when the
thing crashes I have a relatively recent "backup"), but not always. Lately
this hasn't been happening, which might coincide with me buying a new
graphics card.

  I think this is so ridiculous that I'm strongly suspecting that in most
cases it's not a problem with the game itself, but with my system. But if
this is so, it's, quite naturally, completely impossible to say what could
be the problem.

  Is anyone else experiencing crashes with the vast majority of games?
Do PC games just suck, or is there something wrong with my system?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message