POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How much do games crash on your PC? : Re: How much do games crash on your PC? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How much do games crash on your PC?
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Jan 2009 12:10:31
Message: <496ccb07$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Is anyone else experiencing crashes with the vast majority of games?
> Do PC games just suck, or is there something wrong with my system?

I usually don't get crashes on games. I get stuck in the geometry more often
than I get actually a game that exits or hangs.

About the only time I get crashes is when I alt-tab out of the game, and I
get some sort of message when I either unfocus or refocus the game.
Basically, starting and stopping the game sometimes hangs or crashes, but I
can't remember the last time it choked in the middle of playing.

This is with both the new and the old machine, playing games everywhere from
UnDying to all three Thief games to video demos, etc.  I don't play online
games enough to have useful info there.

Maybe you're overheating or something?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)