POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How much do games crash on your PC? : Re: How much do games crash on your PC? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How much do games crash on your PC?
From: Kyle
Date: 13 Jan 2009 14:44:23
Message: <496cef17$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Is anyone else experiencing crashes with the vast majority of games?
> Do PC games just suck, or is there something wrong with my system?

On my old system, which was running XP Pro on a 2Ghz P4 with 1GB of
memory and an ATI9800 video card, I had problems with only one game.  If
I played Oblivion for a long period of time, it would crash.  I had one
or two crashes with Half Life 2, but that's nothing, considering the
amount of time I spent playing all series of that game.  No problems
with any other games that I recall.

On my new system, which is running Vista x64 Ultimate on a Core 2 Quad
Q9550 with 4GB of memory and an ASUS Geforce 9800 GT video card, I
haven't had a single game crash.  I've played Oblivion some, Half Life 2
moderately, and have played the heck out of Far Cry 2 (which is a far
cry from good) and Call of Duty 4.

I'm not sure if this info is of much help, but there you go.  :)