POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Getting Kenned Ham, without paying. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 23:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Getting Kenned Ham, without paying. (Message 81 to 90 of 588)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
Date: 18 Nov 2007 00:00:14
Message: <473fc6de@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   The sub-thread I started was related to the mocking of other people
> > because of their beliefs, not to whether creationists are right or wrong.

> Actually, looking back, nobody was much mocking Ken Ham. The original
> author mocked the museum, and creationism, even while admiring the
> execution of the concept.

> While mocking people is indeed rude (even tho I don't rule it out), how
> do you feel about mocking ideas?

  I think you are resorting to a technicality of definitions. You know
perfectly well that mocking someone's idea, which he firmly believes,
will insult also the person who believes it. "I'm not making fun of the
person, only of his ideas" may be a comforting excuse, but you know that
the person will feel insulted too.

  Now, if you discredit his ideas with calm, rational and scientific
well-founded argumentation, which doesn't even try to make fun of anything,
then that's a completely different story.

  I have never said it's wrong to debunk any false claims young earth
creationists are spreading. I'm just questioning mockery as a tool for
that.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message