12 Oct 2024 01:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Nov 2007 00:29:09
Message: <473fcda5$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I think a serious counter-argumentation of the false claims would have
> been more constructive and instructive.

Errr, where does one start? :-) It's all been done before, firstly.
Secondly, much of the mocking was in the form of pointing out the false
claims and contradictions and laughing, because they were so obviously
false.

Anyway, that didn't really answer the question. Do you think it's wrong
to be so confident (arrogant) as to be able to dismiss unsupported
nonsense out of hand, or do you only object to actually offending the
believers of the unsupported nonsense?

My take on it is yah, while it's *possible* all that stuff is true, the
likelihood is *so* low that it's best to ignore that possibility. Like
not bothering to wear lightning rods in your hat unless it's raining.
It's not that I know The Ultimate Truth, but that Creationism isn't any
more likely than Thor and Zeus making lightning or Apollo towing the sun
across the sky.  I won't be buying fur coats for Ragnarok either.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we