POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Decency group attemps to kill freedom of speech Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Decency group attemps to kill freedom of speech (Message 21 to 30 of 30)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Decency group attemps to kill freedom of speech
Date: 23 Dec 2008 12:24:53
Message: <49511ee5$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> In theory, democratic governments are meant to represent the will of the
> people*.

That's why we have a constitutional republic here, rather than a democracy.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Darren New
Date: 23 Dec 2008 12:25:38
Message: <49511f12$1@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>> Darren New wrote:
>>> Hitler?
>> Godwin's law, here we go?
>
> 	Godwin's Law does not imply a faulty argument.

But it does imply *comparing* someone to Hitler, rather than simply
referencing Hitler as an example of ... well, Hitler.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)