POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Decency group attemps to kill freedom of speech : Re: Decency group attemps to kill freedom of speech Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Decency group attemps to kill freedom of speech
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Dec 2008 12:30:18
Message: <4951202a$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
>> In other words, Germany as a societal whole had been moving towards the
>> Holocaust for some time.
>
> You can say the same thing for positive changes as well. Society as a whole
> has been moving towards democracy, freedom, equality... etc. In other words,
> no individual had a significant positive effect on society by not being
> censored.

Yes. If you're going to discount my Hitler example, I'll say "Ehn. Martin
Luther King wasn't any great deal. People were moving towards equal rights
even before him."

Hitler was generally acknowledged to be a wonderful orator. (Actually, our
governor got in trouble once saying he admired Hitler's skills at oration.)
We might have had the holocaust, the war, etc, but I suspect it would not
have gone on as long or been quite so terrible had Hitler not inspired the
german people to keep it up for as long.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)