POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday WTF Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Friday WTF (Message 15 to 24 of 24)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Friday WTF
Date: 22 Feb 2011 12:11:04
Message: <4d63ee28@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Perhaps. I can well imagine people being too stupid to work out how to
> use a proper database product...

Remember at the time that a "proper" database product cost roughly $100K per
seat.

You don't need a "proper" database product to keep your to-do list or your
org chart.

>>> that only one person can edit it at a time.
>>
>> Actually, I think nowadays you can set it up for multiple edits and
>> it'll coordinate.
>
> I've never seen that.

It was really trivial in the menus. I think it's something around
tools->Shared Workbook.  One of the things under Tools should do it.

> I spent six months watching a group of three people in an office. They
> had an Access database, which everybody had constantly open all day. So
> clearly that's not the case.

Well, this *was* years ago.  More than a decade, probably.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"