POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday WTF : Re: Friday WTF Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Friday WTF
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Feb 2011 05:27:37
Message: <4d64e119$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/02/2011 10:24 AM, scott wrote:
>> I bet that's fun if you try to add a new row to the bottom. (This would
>> of course be a complete non-issue if you used... a database.)
>
> Actually it works fine.

MS really have worked hard on this, eh? ;-)

> The problem with Access is that it's not included in the cheap Office
> packs. Everyone here needs to ask IT to get a new license if they need
> Access (which of course costs more). That is a big reason why people use
> Excel for this kind of stuff.

Oh. Really?

I can't say about other sites, but here in the UK, every employee has
Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook installed by default. We
have volume licenses for all of them.

Which is just as well, since several vital items of operational data
*are* Access databases. (All things developed in the UK, not by the
central IT department. I'm sure they would have used Excel instead...)