POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The kat has a kitten Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:12:20 EDT (-0400)
  The kat has a kitten (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Doctor John
Subject: The kat has a kitten
Date: 27 Jan 2011 18:14:54
Message: <4d41fc6e@news.povray.org>
Sorry I haven't posted anything recently but there is a good reason ...

On 12th Jan, the Kat gave birth to Michal Pribina, weight 3.92 kg. According
to Kati he is exactly like me i.e. same hair, same eyes and same way of
looking pissed off when things don't go according to plan; I however am
completely potty-trained, can speak fluent English and don't wake up at
night crying to be fed (well, not often anyway).

For reasons of superstition (see earlier threads) I felt it unwise to
mention anything (Pascal's wager - work it out). It appears now that I must
continue to work for the next 20+ years in order to educate him; just when I
was planning to retire to a Mediterranean island and live off the proceeds
of a taverna.

Glad to see the regulars still going strong. Pissed off to see JH is not
moving to Scotland soon (I need an excuse for going to the pub these days).
... and to Stephen who I promised to mention in my will - Hi. Stephen :-)

John
--
Cogito sum,|| wbu### [at] tznvypbz (rot'ed) || GPG Key Fingerprint:
ergo sum,  ||   These opinions are mine alone,   || 0D9BCF4CF1B71CA2F5F7

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 23:14:53 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> Glad to see the regulars still going strong. Pissed off to see JH is not
> moving to Scotland soon (I need an excuse for going to the pub these
> days).

That's nice of you to say, John - and congrats!  Here's hoping we can get
over there in the next year or so for a visit. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> That's nice of you to say, John - and congrats!  Here's hoping we can get
> over there in the next year or so for a visit. :-)

Good to talk to you again Jim. A year or so - a trifle in the bringing up of
a child. Pictures soon :-)

On 27/01/2011 11:14 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> Sorry I haven't posted anything recently but there is a good reason ...
>
> On 12th Jan, the Kat gave birth to Michal Pribina, weight 3.92 kg.

Congratulations to the Kat and you. :-D

  > According to Kati he is exactly like me

Poor thing! :-P

> For reasons of superstition (see earlier threads) I felt it unwise to
> mention anything (Pascal's wager - work it out). It appears now that I must
> continue to work for the next 20+ years in order to educate him; just when I
> was planning to retire to a Mediterranean island and live off the proceeds
> of a taverna.

You could always sell him and live off the proceeds. :-)

> Glad to see the regulars still going strong. Pissed off to see JH is not
> moving to Scotland soon (I need an excuse for going to the pub these days).

There is the tradition of wetting the wean’s heid, ye ken.

> .... and to Stephen who I promised to mention in my will - Hi. Stephen :-)

LOL
At least I’ll be able to say “Bye John”, ;-)

(I'll drop you a note tomorrow.)

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 27/01/2011 11:14 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> Sorry I haven't posted anything recently but there is a good reason ...
>>
>> On 12th Jan, the Kat gave birth to Michal Pribina, weight 3.92 kg.
>
> Congratulations to the Kat and you. :-D
>
>  > According to Kati he is exactly like me
>
> Poor thing! :-P

What's wrong with being tall, good-looking and intelligent? :-)

> You could always sell him and live off the proceeds. :-)

 A good thought

> There is the tradition of wetting the wean’s heid, ye ken.

This will definitely happen; Lagavulin or Glen Morangie?

>> .... and to Stephen who I promised to mention in my will - Hi. Stephen
>> :-)
>>

> LOL
> At least I’ll be able to say “Bye John”, ;-)
>
> (I'll drop you a note tomorrow.)

I look forward to it

John

From: Stephen
Date: 27 Jan 2011 19:57:36
Message: <4d421480@news.povray.org>
On 28/01/2011 12:41 AM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 28/01/11 00:32, Stephen wrote:
>> On 27/01/2011 11:14 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>>> Sorry I haven't posted anything recently but there is a good reason ...
>>>
>>> On 12th Jan, the Kat gave birth to Michal Pribina, weight 3.92 kg.
>>
>> Congratulations to the Kat and you. :-D
>>
>>   >  According to Kati he is exactly like me
>>
>> Poor thing! :-P
>
> What's wrong with being tall, good-looking and intelligent? :-)

Nothing but...
:-P

>> You could always sell him and live off the proceeds. :-)
>>
>   A good thought

I suppose the Kat would object. How is she?

I can imagine the scene at the hospital.
What is the Medieval Latin for PUSH! BTW?

>> There is the tradition of wetting the wean’s heid, ye ken.
>>
> This will definitely happen; Lagavulin or Glen Morangie?

A Morangie for me.

[Sings]
A Morangie for me, a Morangie for me,
If ye're no' a Morangie ye're no use to me.
The Islay Mist’s are braw, the Laphroaig and a'
But the cocky wee Morangie’s the pride o' them a'.

>> (I'll drop you a note tomorrow.)
>
> I look forward to it

:-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Jan 2011 23:34:07
Message: <4d42473f@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 23:48:07 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> On 27/01/11 23:40, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> That's nice of you to say, John - and congrats!  Here's hoping we can
>> get over there in the next year or so for a visit. :-)
>
> Good to talk to you again Jim. A year or so - a trifle in the bringing
> up of a child. Pictures soon :-)

Looking forward to it. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 28 Jan 2011 05:13:16
Message: <4d4296bc$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/01/11 00:57, Stephen wrote:

>>> You could always sell him and live off the proceeds. :-)
>>>
>>   A good thought
>>

> I suppose the Kat would object. How is she?

She's fine. Two nights in the Chelsea & Westminster then home. Almost got
her figure back and already thinking about how to juggle lectures and
feeding times.

> I can imagine the scene at the hospital.
> What is the Medieval Latin for PUSH! BTW?

Good question. Due to medical advice tho' she had Caesarian so labour short
and sweet.
Whilst on the subject, how's the other half? ... and are you still making
Unterseebooten? [Music from Das Boot}

John

From: Stephen
Date: 28 Jan 2011 05:31:28
Message: <4d429b00$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/01/2011 10:13 AM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 28/01/11 00:57, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> I suppose the Kat would object. How is she?
>>
> She's fine. Two nights in the Chelsea&  Westminster then home. Almost got
> her figure back and already thinking about how to juggle lectures and
> feeding times.

Good, glad to hear it. Give her my best wishes.

>> I can imagine the scene at the hospital.
>> What is the Medieval Latin for PUSH! BTW?
>>
> Good question. Due to medical advice tho' she had Caesarian so labour short
> and sweet.

Incidere, incidere

> Whilst on the subject, how's the other half? ... and are you still making
> Unterseebooten? [Music from Das Boot}

Not too good. Besides the trigeminal neuralgia (which is slowly getting
better) she put her back out last week. It's just one thing on top of
another. :-(
So, I’m taking some time off ATM.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 28 Jan 2011 13:28:59
Message: <4d430aeb$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John escreveu:
> For reasons of superstition (see earlier threads) I felt it unwise to
> mention anything (Pascal's wager - work it out). It appears now that I must
> continue to work for the next 20+ years in order to educate him; just when I
> was planning to retire to a Mediterranean island and live off the proceeds
> of a taverna.

congrats!  You may still get your chance some few more years ahead!

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9