POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:13:16 EDT (-0400)
  Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install? (Message 23 to 32 of 32)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install?
Date: 25 Feb 2011 09:37:16
Message: <4d67be9c@news.povray.org>
>> You can certainly by used items for a long time after it stops being
>> made. But you cannot, for example, buy a "new" Pentium II. They don't
>> make them any more.
>
> Look at:
> http://tinyurl.com/6l4w67o

"Refurbished" isn't the same as "new". I didn't say you can't buy it, I
said you can't buy it new.

>> You saw software for sale on ebay, and you think it's *legal*??
>
> Most likely yes. Why do you think it wouldn't be?

Because it's ebay? It's basically an electronic car boot sale.

> I know it is a big bad world but not everyone is dishonest. In my
> experience most people are honest.

In my experience, a tiny number of people make up for the vast majority
of network traffic.

Take a look at YouTube. While there *is* good stuff on there, you'd be
hard-pressed to find any of it. The vast majority of the content is of
dubious legality, dubious quality, or both.

Post a reply to this message