POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install? : Re: Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install?
From: scott
Date: 25 Feb 2011 09:58:05
Message: <4d67c37d@news.povray.org>
>> Look at:
>> http://tinyurl.com/6l4w67o
>
> "Refurbished" isn't the same as "new". I didn't say you can't buy it, I
> said you can't buy it new.

You missed the "new" one.  We could go on all day posting examples of
new stuff to buy that hasn't been manufactured for years.  I imagine HP
keeps quite a huge stock of parts that are no longer made, specifically
for people who want to repair servers.

>>> You saw software for sale on ebay, and you think it's *legal*??
>>
>> Most likely yes. Why do you think it wouldn't be?
>
> Because it's ebay? It's basically an electronic car boot sale.

What's wrong with Amazon then?  WHy don't you just order a copy and quit
trying to tell everyone it's impossible?