POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install? : Re: Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cheapest way to get some kind of Windows install?
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Feb 2011 10:21:20
Message: <4d67c8f0@news.povray.org>
On 25/02/2011 2:37 PM, Invisible wrote:

>> Look at:
>> http://tinyurl.com/6l4w67o
>
> "Refurbished" isn't the same as "new". I didn't say you can't buy it, I
> said you can't buy it new.

As Scott said.

>>> You saw software for sale on ebay, and you think it's *legal*??
>>
>> Most likely yes. Why do you think it wouldn't be?
>
> Because it's ebay? It's basically an electronic car boot sale.

If the seller is a retailer then they are subject to the Distance
Selling Regulations. It is not really a car boot sale. You have rights.

>> I know it is a big bad world but not everyone is dishonest. In my
>> experience most people are honest.
>
> In my experience, a tiny number of people make up for the vast majority
> of network traffic.

Which has very little to do with being able to buy XP OS. Just don't get
caught out and buy from a reputable seller.

> Take a look at YouTube. While there *is* good stuff on there, you'd be
> hard-pressed to find any of it. The vast majority of the content is of
> dubious legality, dubious quality, or both.

I have neither the time nor the inclination.

--
Regards
     Stephen