POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at the British Comedy Awards. Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:28:50 EDT (-0400)
  Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at the British Comedy Awards. (Message 38 to 47 of 77)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at
Date: 31 Jan 2011 16:18:55
Message: <4d47273f$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:38:32 +0000, Phil Cook v2 wrote:

> And the teasing pre-caps "coming up on..." that repeat multiple times
> during the show not just at breaks or at the end for the next episode;
> even the BBC have got into the act.

Even worse is when they start one show over the credits of another.  If
I'm recording a programme, how am I supposed to get the whole thing if
you start EARLY?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 31 Jan 2011 16:20:57
Message: <4d4727b9$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:48:20 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> What is the behaviour of the audience, in the cinema, like?

Recent experience suggests that it's not good.  We went to see Tron
Legacy and there was a group of half a dozen teens who came in late and
then talked through the entire film.  Not in whispers, either, but in
normal voices.  I was tempted multiple times to loudly suggest that they
take their conversation outside, or to ask for reimbursement for my
tickets, because I hadn't paid to listen to them gab through the whole
film.

Jim

Post a reply to this message