POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at the British Comedy Awards. : Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at
From: Stephen
Date: 31 Jan 2011 16:48:12
Message: <4d472e1c$1@news.povray.org>
On 31/01/2011 9:18 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> >  We have less commercial breaks here in the UK than you do. I know this
>> >  because often American made programmes will have a scene change that
>> >  exhibits the behaviour you describe.
>> >  I too watch recorded programmes to cut out the adverts.
> "Fewer", you mean?  (Odd that an American has to teach English to a Brit)

First we had the Irish (GBS) now you.
You must remember that English is not my first language, it is Stephen-ese.
Thirdly I was speaking about time periods which as everyone knows is
“less” not “fewer”.
(I liked Mornington Crescent, this week.)

> <gd&rvvf>

How right you are.

> But yes, I know what you mean - I do wish we had fewer breaks, but it
> seems that now out of an hour, we get about 43 minutes of actual
> programming.  Used to be closer to 50 minutes.

That seems about right. :-(

--
Regards
     Stephen