POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bleeding edge Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:13:23 EDT (-0400)
  Bleeding edge (Message 16 to 25 of 25)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Bleeding edge
Date: 15 Oct 2010 15:52:44
Message: <4cb8b10c$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/10/2010 06:29 PM, nemesis wrote:

> of course, if you want the spec, you need to go to the source over at
> w3.org.

Yes. I was eventually forced to do this. Which is a shame, because the
W3C spec for most XML-related things is utterly incomprehensible (and
mostly devoid of examples).

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Oct 2010 15:53:21
Message: <4cb8b131$1@news.povray.org>
>> pretty friggin' cool web application, dude!  IE users won't see it
>> though.
>
>    That's what makes it so good.

+1

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Oct 2010 15:56:18
Message: <4cb8b1e2$1@news.povray.org>
>> OK, so here is what I've made so far. All 9KB of hand-typed source
>> code. Mental, eh?
>
> 300 lines. Now do you agree that 600 lines of C would be considered
> trivial? :-)

After the hours of development work I put into this? How dare you
suggest such a... oh, alright then. ;-)

I think a more rigorous conclusion would be "LoC is a really vague way
to measure 'complexity'", but we knew that already...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/