POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bleeding edge : Re: Bleeding edge Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:27:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bleeding edge
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Oct 2010 16:54:58
Message: <4cb8bfa2$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> html5 canvas is for bitmap drawing.  Vector drawing with SVG will be as
> much of a getto as Adobe Illustrator is next to Photoshop...

Oh. I thought it also did 3D stuff, or at least had lines.  I know there's
some sort of extension for 3D stuff too, webgl or something?

> you're only annoyed that IE never got around at implementing it...

No, just ignorant.

> Imperative, somehow, is much more popular than functional style,

Not in lots of graphic stuff like animation.

> This preference seems to go well even among artists!, who would guess? :p

I've seen very few animation programs doing imperative stuff, beyond
simulations of real-life things that can't easily be expressed in closed form.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: