POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Using the GPU to do network protocols Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:11:51 EDT (-0400)
  Using the GPU to do network protocols (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Darren New
Subject: Using the GPU to do network protocols
Date: 23 Aug 2010 19:31:20
Message: <4c7304c8$1@news.povray.org>
"We started with the humble goal of being the first to get a PC router to 10
[gigabytes per second], but we pushed it to 40," says Sue Moon, leader of
the lab in which the research was conducted. Her students Sangjin Han and
Keon Jang developed software called PacketShader that made this possible.
PacketShader uses a computer's graphics processing unit (GPU) to help
process packets of data sent across a network.

http://www.technologyreview.com/communications/26096/

Altho I'm not real sure how they mean "based entirely on software" if it's
using a GPU. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven: