POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Using the GPU to do network protocols : Re: Using the GPU to do network protocols Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using the GPU to do network protocols
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 25 Aug 2010 05:36:48
Message: <4c74e430$1@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> I feel like maybe I am over explaining the joke of "Layer 3 devices are
> rarely layer 2 devices anymore."

I remember when we moved to the new building at work. I was just going
to pay maybe £300 for some new network switches. But no, the Director of
IT insisted that we had to buy Cisco switches, which are £1,500 each.

As soon as we started setting them up, I quickly realised that they
aren't switches at all. They're routers. You can filter traffic, route
between different network numbers and God only knows what else. (Not, of
course, that *I* have access to do any of this. I'm only the person in
charge of the network, right?)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/