POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : JCTI CCAT Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  JCTI CCAT (Message 39 to 48 of 48)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: JCTI CCAT
Date: 30 Jul 2010 09:05:48
Message: <4c52ce2c$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/30/2010 6:06 AM, clipka wrote:

> Just for fun, I tried giving random answers right from the start: The
> test ended after just a handful of items, with a score of 78.

So, then ... it's adaptive?

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 30 Jul 2010 09:08:37
Message: <4c52ced5$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/30/2010 7:38 AM, Invisible wrote:
> scott wrote:
>
>> It got very very repetitive (yes I figured out how to do the squares
>> and triangles inside that 2x2 rotating cube, no need to give me 100
>> questions using the same idea), I got bored and clicked next
>> repeatedly until the end and got 125.
>
> I love the way everybody else isn't even trying properly and yet they
> manage to get much higher scores than me.
>
> I guess I have to just rationalise it as "Hey, it's an internet IQ test.
> It doesn't actually *work* or anything..."

Eh.. looks like my score is about average for this group. Andrew, you're
well above average (in terms of most humans) you have nothing to worry
about.

For some reason, this forum tends to attract supergeniuses. I really
wouldn't worry about what your IQ is compared to others here. It's
tantamount to some sort of ...brain envy.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

Would explain why it doesn't tell you how many questions there are...

Post a reply to this message

>> I love the way everybody else isn't even trying properly and yet they
>> manage to get much higher scores than me.
>>
>> I guess I have to just rationalise it as "Hey, it's an internet IQ test.
>> It doesn't actually *work* or anything..."
>
> Eh.. looks like my score is about average for this group. Andrew, you're
> well above average (in terms of most humans) you have nothing to worry
> about.

Heh, if only.

Don't go thinking that just because somebody's a nerd, they're
necessarily intelligent. I've met at least one person who had a
fascination with cryptography, and yet was utterly unable to comprehend
even basic facts about it. (E.g., why a polyalphabetic cipher is
stronger than a monoalphabetic cipher.)

> For some reason, this forum tends to attract supergeniuses. I really
> wouldn't worry about what your IQ is compared to others here. It's
> tantamount to some sort of ...brain envy.

Well, so long as it's not brain evy that's fine.

Post a reply to this message