POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : JCTI CCAT : Re: JCTI CCAT Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JCTI CCAT
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Jul 2010 09:14:12
Message: <4c52d024@news.povray.org>
>> I love the way everybody else isn't even trying properly and yet they
>> manage to get much higher scores than me.
>>
>> I guess I have to just rationalise it as "Hey, it's an internet IQ test.
>> It doesn't actually *work* or anything..."
>
> Eh.. looks like my score is about average for this group. Andrew, you're
> well above average (in terms of most humans) you have nothing to worry
> about.

Heh, if only.

Don't go thinking that just because somebody's a nerd, they're
necessarily intelligent. I've met at least one person who had a
fascination with cryptography, and yet was utterly unable to comprehend
even basic facts about it. (E.g., why a polyalphabetic cipher is
stronger than a monoalphabetic cipher.)

> For some reason, this forum tends to attract supergeniuses. I really
> wouldn't worry about what your IQ is compared to others here. It's
> tantamount to some sort of ...brain envy.

Well, so long as it's not brain evy that's fine.