POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Feel the beat (Message 31 to 40 of 90)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Feel the beat
Date: 20 Jul 2010 05:31:40
Message: <4c456cfc@news.povray.org>
On 20/07/2010 9:18 AM, Invisible wrote:

> I wasn't sure where the best place to measure from is. I know you can
> feel your pulse from *somewhere* in your wrist, but I wasn't sure
> exactly where.

Using the first two fingers on your right hand place them about one and
a half to two inches below your left hand in the soft part between the
line of your thumb and the tendons. When you press firmly but not hard
you should be able to feel your pulse. If not lift your fingers and move

> (I've never heard of it being measured from your neck. I especially like
> the way the instructions said "but don't press too hard". Um, why? What
> happens if you press too hard??)

You might restrict the flow of blood to one side of the brain. Duh! :-P

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> I wasn't sure where the best place to measure from is. I know you can
>> feel your pulse from *somewhere* in your wrist, but I wasn't sure
>> exactly where.
>
> Using the first two fingers on your right hand place them about one and
> a half to two inches below your left hand in the soft part between the
> line of your thumb and the tendons. When you press firmly but not hard
> you should be able to feel your pulse. If not lift your fingers and move
> them a bit. You use the pads not the tips.

Yeah, I found it in the end. (A picture is worth 1e6 words...)

Not something I'm expecting to ever have a problem with. ;-)

>> (I've never heard of it being measured from your neck. I especially like
>> the way the instructions said "but don't press too hard". Um, why? What
>> happens if you press too hard??)
>
> You might restrict the flow of blood to one side of the brain. Duh! :-P

I meant more "what happens if you restrict the flow of blood to your
brain? Do you die??!?" o_O

Post a reply to this message