POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat : Re: Feel the beat Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feel the beat
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Jul 2010 06:22:06
Message: <4c4578ce$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/07/2010 10:40 AM, Invisible wrote:

> Yeah, I found it in the end. (A picture is worth 1e6 words...)
>

>> feel your own.
>
> Not something I'm expecting to ever have a problem with. ;-)

What would happen if you found your mother unconscious and could not
detect signs of breathing? How could you tell if she was alive?

>>> (I've never heard of it being measured from your neck. I especially like
>>> the way the instructions said "but don't press too hard". Um, why? What
>>> happens if you press too hard??)
>>
>> You might restrict the flow of blood to one side of the brain. Duh! :-P
>
> I meant more "what happens if you restrict the flow of blood to your
> brain? Do you die??!?" o_O

Not if you do it to yourself. If you lost consciousness (unlikely if you
only do it to one side) you would let go then recover consciousness. It
is called throttling, a choke cuts off the air supply and strangling is
a combination of both (British definition).

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen