POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead (Message 1 to 10 of 75)
From: somebody
Subject: I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead
Date: 13 Jun 2010 00:09:53
Message: <4c145a11$1@news.povray.org>
I just watched Moon. 80% on IMDB, 89% on RottenTomatoes. People compare it
to 2001 and Solaris. Those people should be shot. The "movie" is a huge
insult to the viewer's intelligence. Hint: If you are so technologically
advanced to have achived artificial gravity (!) and faster than light
communications (!), you probably don't need to go to the trouble of cloning
humans and implanting them with memories solely for the purpose of carrying
a canister from point A to point B, and kill them after 3 years. I've
probably just ruined it for those who haven't seen the movie and intending
to see it. To them, I say you are welcome.

Why is it that this genre has become such a bad joke?

</invisible>

Post a reply to this message