POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ReactOS Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  ReactOS (Message 54 to 63 of 63)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: ReactOS
Date: 25 Jun 2010 12:30:00
Message: <4c24d988$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook v2 wrote:
> However that's just patents there are also trademarks which enforce the
> 'style' of something and that doesn't just apply to the physical.

The USA also has what's called "design patents". For example, if you invent
a novel way of carving glass or polishing paint or something, you can patent
it as a "design patent" and keep someone else from using it. (That's all
I've seen it applied to personally, but I suspect the intention was to allow
you to patent for example a phone where the keyboard slides open in two
different directions or something, regardless of how you mechanically
realized it.)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly

Post a reply to this message