POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ReactOS : Re: ReactOS Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ReactOS
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Jun 2010 16:18:59
Message: <4c250f33$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/25/2010 6:39 AM, Mike Raiford wrote:

>>> Sounds like perfect Windows emulation to me!
>>
>> Heheh. What, you mean like this?
>>
>> http://www.slimeland.com/winsim/
>>
>> I would say, Win 3.x was quite reliable (then again, it doesn't *do*
>
> Windows 3.x was stable? LMAO ... back then I only used windows when I
> absolutely had to. Very crash prone.

If you had all the patched dlls, it was. The problem was, you had no way
to "prevent" old ones from being installed, if you installed an older
application than the one you last did, which broke things **badly**, and
no way to tell it was going to, or tell it to not do it. But, if you got
the latest patches, you where generally OK. You just didn't want to
*dare* install anything older after. ;)

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {