POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mildly amusing observation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Mildly amusing observation (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Darren New
Subject: Mildly amusing observation
Date: 26 May 2010 20:56:12
Message: <4bfdc32c$1@news.povray.org>
In trying to figure out what to name the bit of the game that actually
manages state and (say) determines legal moves and such, vs the part that
draws the board, vs the part that maps the input buttons into moves, I
realized I had the classic Model/View/Controller paradigm going on.

Unfortunately, I also realized that all three of these terms are already
co-opted by the gaming library.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid

Post a reply to this message

> In trying to figure out what to name the bit of the game that actually
> manages state and (say) determines legal moves and such, vs the part
> that draws the board, vs the part that maps the input buttons into
> moves, I realized I had the classic Model/View/Controller paradigm going
> on.
>
> Unfortunately, I also realized that all three of these terms are already
> co-opted by the gaming library.

MyModel/MyView/MyController  ;-)

Post a reply to this message