POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mildly amusing observation : Re: Mildly amusing observation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mildly amusing observation
From: Darren New
Date: 27 May 2010 12:00:20
Message: <4bfe9714$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   The "My" part makes it clear that it's the private documents directory of
> your account, not a shared one which is common to all accounts.

Some versions of Windows are nice, in that the file is technically
   \users\darren\documents
and
    \users\fred\documents
but explorer shows them as
    "My Documents"
    "Fred's Documents"

If they're actually screwing with the file names again, such that you have
to edit programs or something, that's annoying.

Of course, they could be doing it on purpose, to get people to use the APIs
that say where to store documents, rather than just hard-coding paths. Sort
of like a UNIX system changing from /usr/darren to /home/darren to
/mnt/home/darren to encourage you to open ~/darren

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid