POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SCIENCE! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  SCIENCE! (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: SCIENCE!
Date: 22 May 2010 15:29:24
Message: <4bf83094$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/7753609/Craig-Venters-research-is-scary-but-not-in-the-way-you-think.html

 From the comments:  "...What concerns me about some of the work of
scientists is that they lack respect for nature....I've seen too many

they're doing."

Those silly scientists, blindly poking around in nature, playing God
with no idea what they're getting themselves into.  Common sense should
tell them that Humans can't understand what isn't explainable to a
six-year-old in a 30-second sound bite, and we have no business even
trying.  It's blasphemous, at the very least, and besides, none of those
futuristic movies end well!

-_____________________________-

Then there's the Texas schoolbook thing, because textbook companies are
slobs that just copy the Texas curriculum for the whole country and so
shoehorn all public education into what one group of half a dozen people
wants to further their own agenda.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

What the HELL? Who are these- oh, wait. It's the Telegraph. Ah, now I
understand.

Move on. Nothing to see here.

> Those silly scientists, blindly poking around in nature, playing God
> with no idea what they're getting themselves into.

Yes. Because not studying something is the perfect way to find out what
you're getting into. Oh, wait...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/