POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SCIENCE! : Re: SCIENCE! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SCIENCE!
From: Tim Cook
Date: 23 May 2010 20:31:29
Message: <4bf9c8e1$1@news.povray.org>
There was an article I'd seen once about creating life on a computer,
how they aimed the evolution of a certain batch of things to be
calculators, and while a bunch got to a point where they were correctly
doing addition and stuff, when they looked at how they were doing it no
two were alike and most went about it in a really weird way...and that
another batch 'played dead' when run through a test environment to
survive to pass on their 'genes', but only in the test environment, and
resumed normal function outside.

Anybody have any idea how I might find the original of that again?
Anything I think of to search for on Google is too general.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.byethost8.com