POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPad Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  iPad (Message 11 to 20 of 35)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: iPad
Date: 18 May 2010 07:32:35
Message: <4bf27ad3@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook v2 <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> No it's being marketed as "The best way to experience the web, email,
> photos, and video. Hands down" So you're going to get people thinking "I
> just my laptop to surf the web, get my email and look at my photos. Hey I
> can get this cool iPad instead" or even as Darren suggested possibly get
> it for someone who does really just do that. At which point you discover
> you're tied to using the Apple Store to get your music, you can't import
> any of your existing music, you can't get your photos to it unless you use
> the optional "iPad Camera Connection Kit" because using a standard USB
> slot would be way to easy. You can't backup those photos or email easily.

  You won't be able to use your laptop on a 10-hour flight to watch movies
all the way.

  Besides, you can backup the contents of an iPhone/iPad.

> Do you buy a PS3 expecting it to be a PC? Yet I can surf the net, view my
> photos, get videos, import my CDs, I can hook up a mouse and keyboard and
> even print from it. In theory there's nothing stopping anyone from
> creating a PS3 word processor or spread sheet that runs off a disc.

  Nothing stops anyone from making a word processor or spread sheet for the
iPad either. In fact, Apple is encouraging people to do so.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message