POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPad : Re: iPad Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPad
From: Darren New
Date: 18 May 2010 12:37:14
Message: <4bf2c23a$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>>>   Nothing stops anyone from making a word processor or spread sheet for the
>>> iPad either. In fact, Apple is encouraging people to do so.
>
>> Yeah, great, until you want to print your document out. :-)
>
>   Actually since iPhone programs can make http requests, one could devise
> a system where you send the document to your PC via http, and have the PC
> print it out... Contrived, but entirely possible.

Sure. Which, again, means you need a PC as an adjunct. You could write a
word processor. You can't print it out. You can only send it to someone else
to print it.  You wouldn't need http - just email it to the mail account on
your laptop.

And it's certainly not the kind of thing that someone who doesn't even want
a Mac is going to code, is my point.

>   (Yes, it is entirely possible. Eg. games use this to send high scores
> to online servers.)

Yeah, that's exactly the sort of thing XNA disallows.  I don't think
Microsoft wants an XBoxBotNet.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid