POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Babbage Flaw Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  The Babbage Flaw (Message 82 to 91 of 111)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: The Babbage Flaw
Date: 13 May 2010 16:34:25
Message: <4bec6251@news.povray.org>
>> It still irritates me how many people utter the works "Excel database".
>> People, IT'S NOT A DATABASE!
>
> Sure it is.

Unfortunately, people (especially our IT department) keep trying to use
Excel when they should be using a database.

Stuff like records that multiple people need to access, which will grow
larger and larger over time, which might need to be sorted in various
ways and even searched. That kind of thing. Stuff that even Access can
do very easily, but which Excel really isn't geared towards.

Still, what can you do?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/