POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Babbage Flaw : Re: The Babbage Flaw Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Babbage Flaw
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 13 May 2010 16:34:25
Message: <4bec6251@news.povray.org>
>> It still irritates me how many people utter the works "Excel database".
>> People, IT'S NOT A DATABASE!
>
> Sure it is.

Unfortunately, people (especially our IT department) keep trying to use
Excel when they should be using a database.

Stuff like records that multiple people need to access, which will grow
larger and larger over time, which might need to be sorted in various
ways and even searched. That kind of thing. Stuff that even Access can
do very easily, but which Excel really isn't geared towards.

Still, what can you do?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/