POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Babbage Flaw : Re: The Babbage Flaw Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Babbage Flaw
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 13 May 2010 22:02:41
Message: <4becaf41$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> Things like when you press enter, it doesn't move down to the next line.
>> The version I use does that.
>
> Funny enough, when I was using oocalc at work, the UI drove me bonkers
> with
> exactly this sort of thing.  I ranted here, and about two days later,
> suddenly everything started working just fine and intuitive. I don't know
> what I was expecting that wasn't working the way I thought it was, but
> somehow the constant "Oh crap now I have to go use the mouse to put the
> cursor where it should have gone" just stopped happening to me. I must
> have unconsciously switched over to the right mental model or something,
> because it seemed perfectly obvious it should behave as it did.

Being a Mercurial fan and Git hater, I was recently forced (once again) to
use git, and I don't know *how*, my brain suddenly finished forming a
complete mental model mirroring how git works. And it's like I suddenly know
how to use it. I guess I already managed to learn most of it over time, what
happened recently was that the puzzle pieces got put together.