POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a geek Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Not a geek (Message 230 to 239 of 259)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Not a geek
Date: 17 May 2010 18:33:21
Message: <4bf1c431@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 17 May 2010 14:53:24 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Yep. A cable can carry huge amounts of data, depending on its length.
> The closer the fiber hubs out to the houses, the more channels you can
> carry.

It's not just a function of the cable length, though; encoding the data,
attenuation, other forms of interference, etc - but that's all outside
the scope of discussion. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 18 May 2010 02:59:10
Message: <4bf23abe@news.povray.org>
On 17/05/2010 11:29 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2010 14:55:37 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>
>> If you're on a party line and I'm not, and I call you
>
> Then you get a busy signal. ;-)

Are you allowed to use real life examples, here?

Do you still have party lines in 2010?

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen